The best kind of war was waged in the Vista Wednesday night: the kind in which no one gets hurt, everyone goes home happy, and a good cause comes out on top.
The Building Industry Association of Central South Carolina Sales and Marketing Council (SMC of Greater Columbia) took over Tin Roof Columbia for the fourth annual Pour War Challenge for Charity.
SMC members representing Keller Williams Realty, Weichert Realtors Caughman Co., Mungo Homes, LawyerLisa, Mortgage Options, Loan Depot, Great Southern Homes, and Essex Homes took turns serving as bartenders for the evening, competing to see who could bring in the most tips and win the Pour Wars crown.
Shelton Twine of Great Southern Homes claimed the top prize, with De’Laine Law of Mortgage Options coming in second, but the night’s big winner was the charity recipient of the proceeds, the JDRF Palmetto Chapter.
The bartending battle and the support of all those who enjoyed food and drinks while listening to local musician Shelby Raye perform brought in more than $11,000 for JDRF, supporting the fight to cure type one diabetes.
More information on SMC is available at the organization’s Facebook page, and more information on JDRF is available at jdrf.org.
- New produce delivery program supports local farmers, hires laid off employees
- Coroner identifies 30-year-old motorcyclist in I-20 collision
- Krispy Kreme offering free doughnuts to healthcare workers on Mondays
- New veteran-operated firearms store to hold grand opening with adjusted services
- Home Depot hiring 80 employees at West Columbia distribution center
- West Columbia man using 3D printer to create face shields for essential employees
- Cayce wants statewide "Shelter-in-Place" order
- Progress on Savage Craft Ale Works continues
- Lexington County first responders sounding "sirens for solidarity" Friday evening
- 94.3 The Dude's soldier of the week: US Marine veteran Dave Parker