The best kind of war was waged in the Vista Wednesday night: the kind in which no one gets hurt, everyone goes home happy, and a good cause comes out on top.
The Building Industry Association of Central South Carolina Sales and Marketing Council (SMC of Greater Columbia) took over Tin Roof Columbia for the fourth annual Pour War Challenge for Charity.
SMC members representing Keller Williams Realty, Weichert Realtors Caughman Co., Mungo Homes, LawyerLisa, Mortgage Options, Loan Depot, Great Southern Homes, and Essex Homes took turns serving as bartenders for the evening, competing to see who could bring in the most tips and win the Pour Wars crown.
Shelton Twine of Great Southern Homes claimed the top prize, with De’Laine Law of Mortgage Options coming in second, but the night’s big winner was the charity recipient of the proceeds, the JDRF Palmetto Chapter.
The bartending battle and the support of all those who enjoyed food and drinks while listening to local musician Shelby Raye perform brought in more than $11,000 for JDRF, supporting the fight to cure type one diabetes.
More information on SMC is available at the organization’s Facebook page, and more information on JDRF is available at jdrf.org.
- Three arrested after deputies find catalytic converters
- Drive-through COVID vaccination site to open Monday in Columbia
- Columbia mourns loss of Andy Shlon, owner of Andy's Deli in Five Points
- 'I'm not giving up,' Lexington mother determined after devastating cancer prognosis
- Lexington Medical Center further restricts visitation due to COVID concerns
- Savage Craft Ale Works announces grand opening date
- Lexington nonprofits team up to offer free medical care
- Catalytic converters stolen at higher rate in 2020, LCSD provides tips to prevent theft
- Coroner identifies Swansea man in single-vehicle incident
- Coroner identifies pilot killed in Wednesday's Rosewood neighborhood plane crash
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.