Midlands Gives is going on until midnight, Tuesday. Give at midlandsgives.org
There is a Midlands Give headquarters at the S.C. State Museum in Columbia. Just after 11 a.m., Tuesday $739,775 had been contributed by 6,029 donations to 356 organizations. Donations had reached over $750,000 as of 11:25 a.m. Donations had reached more than $1 million as of 3 p.m.
Midlands Gives is a 24-hour online giving event that brings the region together as one community, raising money and awareness for local nonprofits in 11 Midlands counties. During Midlands Gives, contributions of just $20 or more are amplified through sponsored prize incentives. Since its inception in 2014 the event has raised over $5.5 million for local nonprofits.
- Leesville distillery shifts production from whiskey to hand sanitizer
- Columbia man dies in ATV incident, coroner identifies
- Home Depot hiring 80 employees at West Columbia distribution center
- Veteran-owned Lexington business offering free lawn care to elderly residents
- Most COVID-19 tests come back negative, ZIP info released
- List of Midlands churches using technology to worship safely
- Lexington County adjusting services to help stop spread of COVID-19
- Blythewood native competing to win NBC's The Voice
- Lexington County first responders sounding "sirens for solidarity" Friday evening
- Will and Carol Muschamp create foundation to deliver food to healthcare employees