The Mardel Christian and Education Store held a ribbon-cutting and Grand Opening Monday morning.
The new business is in the West Side Plaza next to Hobby Lobby, 2305 Augusta Rd. West Columbia.
“It’s a great addition to the growing number of businesses in West Columbia,” said Richard Skipper, executive director of the Greater Cayce-West Columbia Chamber of Commerce.
Jay DePalmo is the CEO for Mardel. He said Tthe West Columbia store is the first Mardel store in South Carolina and the first one on the East Coast.
It’s a Christian book store that sells Bibles, CDs, gifts, videos, home school and educational supplies, and more.
The new store is 25,000-sq.-ft. DePalmo said it is the average size of a Mardel store.
Most of the stores are in the Texas and Oklahoma area of the country, DePalmo said.
The owners of Hobby Lobby also own the Mardel chain.
- Leesville distillery shifts production from whiskey to hand sanitizer
- Columbia man dies in ATV incident, coroner identifies
- House of Raeford chicken sale moves 5,000 boxes
- Veteran-owned Lexington business offering free lawn care to elderly residents
- Traffic moving slowly in front of House of Raeford due to 'community chicken sale'
- Most COVID-19 tests come back negative, ZIP info released
- Home Depot hiring 80 employees at West Columbia distribution center
- List of Midlands churches using technology to worship safely
- Lexington County adjusting services to help stop spread of COVID-19
- Deputies initiate death investigation in Chapin