The Mardel Christian and Education Store held a ribbon-cutting and Grand Opening Monday morning.
The new business is in the West Side Plaza next to Hobby Lobby, 2305 Augusta Rd. West Columbia.
“It’s a great addition to the growing number of businesses in West Columbia,” said Richard Skipper, executive director of the Greater Cayce-West Columbia Chamber of Commerce.
Jay DePalmo is the CEO for Mardel. He said Tthe West Columbia store is the first Mardel store in South Carolina and the first one on the East Coast.
It’s a Christian book store that sells Bibles, CDs, gifts, videos, home school and educational supplies, and more.
The new store is 25,000-sq.-ft. DePalmo said it is the average size of a Mardel store.
Most of the stores are in the Texas and Oklahoma area of the country, DePalmo said.
The owners of Hobby Lobby also own the Mardel chain.
- Lexington couple opens edible cookie dough business
- Chapin dance instructor retires studio after 36 years
- Coroner identifies victim of suspected drowning in Lake Murray
- New $65 million development to include apartments, retail, restaurants in Cayce
- Trump Boat Parade draws crowd on Lake Murray
- Familiar voice of Tony Clyburn returns to live, local radio
- New Zaxby's opens Monday in Blythewood
- Overturned vehicle causes temporary lane closure in downtown Columbia
- Man charged with pointing gun at Black Lives Matter protesters
- Decision looming on high school athletics
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.