If you’re looking for a way to beat the summer heat, Historic Columbia has a solution.
The organization will be holding its fifth annual Historic Water Balloon Battle Friday on the grounds of the Robert Mills House and Gardens. The event will be held from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
In true Historic Columbia fashion, there will be a historic element to the battle. Participants will break into two military teams, and use more than 3,600 water balloons to recreate epic battles in history. Focusing on the evolution of military strategies, teams will learn and incorporate tactics from three different time periods – raging from rigid formations in the Revolutionary War, to trench warfare in World War I, to guerrilla warfare in later conflicts.
Everyone in attendance can enjoy an evening of beer, wine, and light refreshments in between water balloon battles. All event-goers must be 21 or older.
Tickets are $20 for Historic Columbia members, and $25 for non-members. More information can be found HERE.
- Lane closure scheduled for I-26 beginning at Peak exit
- Bubba's Biscuit opens in Lexington
- 18-year-old Chapin male killed in shooting, no foul play suspected
- 8 deaths in 4 days, "emotionally draining" for Lexington County coroner
- 14 Columbia restaurants entered in local "pimento cheese election"
- Boating Magazine names Lake Murray as one of top 10 places to live and boat
- Columbia Philly Pretzel Factory's grand opening is Saturday, giving away free pretzels
- Columbia Fireflies searching for National Anthem singers at home games
- Local residents commit “Random Acts of Kindness”
- UofSC museum opens exhibit featuring local TV legend Joe Pinner
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.