If you’re looking for a way to beat the summer heat, Historic Columbia has a solution.
The organization will be holding its fifth annual Historic Water Balloon Battle Friday on the grounds of the Robert Mills House and Gardens. The event will be held from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
In true Historic Columbia fashion, there will be a historic element to the battle. Participants will break into two military teams, and use more than 3,600 water balloons to recreate epic battles in history. Focusing on the evolution of military strategies, teams will learn and incorporate tactics from three different time periods – raging from rigid formations in the Revolutionary War, to trench warfare in World War I, to guerrilla warfare in later conflicts.
Everyone in attendance can enjoy an evening of beer, wine, and light refreshments in between water balloon battles. All event-goers must be 21 or older.
Tickets are $20 for Historic Columbia members, and $25 for non-members. More information can be found HERE.
- Coroner releases name of Columbia motorcyclist in fatal collision
- Massive crash at Sunset Boulevard closes road
- Scott Benny's restaurant opens in Blythewood
- All lanes on Trenholm Road remain closed due to sinkhole
- Columbia teen missing for more than 2 weeks found safe
- Developer Joe Taylor investing in West Columbia
- President Donald Trump to visit Columbia next week
- Richland County Sheriff reports woman dies after argument at family gathering
- Tractor trailer overturns on I-20
- Young dancers unite to battle cancer at inaugural fundraiser
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.