One of the biggest reasons thousands of people travel to the South Carolina State Fair every year is not for the rides – but for the variety of sweet, saucy, greasy, and all-around delicious food. According to the fair’s website, there will be five new options added to the mix this year.
Chili Mac Attack Sundae:
This savory sundae begins with a bed of fries, and will be topped with mac-and-cheese, chili and jalapenos. It will be available at DeAnna’s Concessions, which is already known for its Shrimp-n-Grits Sundae, and the Southern Catfish Sundae.
Double Dog Corndog:
Daley’s will be offering a new twist on one of the most iconic fair foods – two dogs inside one big tasty treat.
Bop’s Kettle Corn:
It’s like popcorn, but better. The sweet and salty snack was originally made in cast iron kettles. It will be available at Heritage Village.
Poppin Gourmet Burger:
The new menu item features gourmet burger patties layered with pepperjack cheese, topped with onion rings and barbeque sauce on a toasted brioche bun. It will be offered at Carousel Foods – already known for its popular donut burger.
Birthday Cake Funnel Cake:
A funnel cake with icing and sprinkles – what more could you want?
The South Carolina State Fair will be welcoming visitors from October 9 through 20. More information about pricing, rides, food, and events can be found at scstatefair.org.
- Monday COVID-19 update: 1,095 new cases, 5 additional deaths
- Local legend "Dog" West surprised with parade on 70th birthday
- Lexington's Crumbl Cookies to open next week, holding 'free chocolate chip cookie day'
- Lexington's Nooch and Lalo permanently closes after one year of business
- Harbison-based sports gear company signs licensing deal with Warner Brothers
- Coroner identifies 26-year-old West Columbia man in head-on collision
- Overstock Bins discount store opening Friday in Lexington
- Two men arrested, charged in Swansea shooting
- Free holiday event continues Sunday at Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center
- Extreme discount superstore Crazy Cazboy's opening in Columbia
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.