Families and lovers of art are invited to the corner of Lady and Lincoln Streets Thursday night to participate in an evening of celebration for arts in the Vista. The Vista Guild’s 27th Artista Vista is a gallery crawl that allows Midlands residents to meet local artists and view a variety of work across multiple galleries. Art Night is Thursday from 5 to 9 p.m., followed by Art Day Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with extended gallery hours for the exhibitions.
According to Executive Director Meredith Atkinson, Thursday night’s festivities include a lantern and light parade beginning at the Lincoln Street Tunnel.
“You can even participate by making your own lantern just before the parade starts,” said Atkinson. “Bring the kids out, let them make a lantern and we’ve even got face painting and balloon artistry for the kids too.” There will be free shuttles available to take event goers to the different participating galleries. “You can hop on at Lincoln and Lady, and it’ll take you to Huger Street to One-Eared Cow, and Stormwater Studios,” she said.
Atkinson has been heading up the event for three years, and said it’s exciting to see everyone out in one night embracing and celebrating art. “You don’t have to be an art lover to love this event,” she said. “And it’s not every day you get to meet the artist behind a sculpture or painting you might have walked past a hundred times. So now you’ll get to meet the person who made it.”
The galleries will feature regionally and nationally known artists. There will also be local participants from the Midlands. Artista Vista attendees will be able to see a variety of art forms including paintings, sculpture, pottery, and jewelry. Participating galleries include Carol Saunders Gallery, Ellen Taylor Interiors, if ART Gallery, Lewis + Clark, One Eared Cow Glass, Stormwater Studios, and Studio Cellar. In addition to the galleries, Motor Supply and SakiTumi will have exhibits inside their restaurants.
- Bubba's Biscuit opens in Lexington
- Body of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik found, second body also found in neighborhood
- Large search team looking for missing 6-year-old Faye Marie Swetlik
- Lexington County man convicted of homicide by child abuse
- Sloan Griffin wins council seat in Blythewood special election
- Metallica guitarist brings love of horror to Columbia Museum of Art
- Craft Axe Throwing expanding to Lexington’s Main Street
- Officers searching for two vehicles in connection with missing Cayce girl
- Albert's Deli on Parklane Road closes after 35 years
- 94.3 The Dude's soldier of the week: USMC Capt. Nickolas Fowler
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.