Firefighters from Lexington County Fire Service, the Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE), Batesburg-Leesville and Irmo were dispatched to the 300 block of Broad Street this afternoon, according to the County of Lexington.
The call was made as a result of a commercial structure fire.
Upon arrival, several vehicles and a gas tanker were found on fire. Firefighters immediately began extinguishing the fire and fire-suppressing foam was utilized by CAE firetrucks.
It was noted that the gas station, which was also utilized as a service garage was also on fire and was extinguished by firefighters.
The building was deemed to be a total loss, while four vehicles and the gas tanker were destroyed. No injuries have been reported.
According to a post on Lexington County's Facebook page, it is believed that the fire was caused when a spark ignited fumes of the gas truck while it was offloading it’s gas supply at the gas station.