Richland Library confirmed Tuesday that a staff member tested positive for COVID-19. Due to the development, the library has closed its Eastover location at 608 Main Street.
Library staff said the employee came in contact with a small number of customers, however the library has been following its safety protocols:
- Face-covering requirement for customers, ages three and older and staff
- Temperature checks and use of hand sanitizer prior to entering the building
- Environmental cleaning and social distancing guidelines from the CDC and SCDHEC
- Plexiglass at all staffed service desks
- Limiting the number of customers and staff in library spaces
- Quarantining of materials for 96 hours prior to recirculation
In addition, the library informed all staff who may have come in contact with this individual, notifying them of possible exposure. All library staff are currently self-quarantining as a precaution and asked to follow the library's COVID-19 procedures prior to returning.
In the interim, customers are not able to return items in the book drops at the Eastover location or retrieve their holds through curbside service until hours of operation resume. The library is extending the pick-up dates for holds and due dates for materials of customers who visit the Eastover location.
Those with further questions are asked to contact Emily Stoll at 803-587-3637 or by email at email@example.com.