The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control announced the following COVID-19 updates as of Wednesday.
NOTE: Wednesday's low case counts are due to an internal systems issue at DHEC. Representatives said they are actively working to correct it. Once the issue is resolved with the vendor, they will update the data within the County-Level Dashboard to reflect the cases missing from Wednesday's numbers. The dashboard is available HERE.
Wednesday's cases and deaths (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- New confirmed/probable total cases: 4,673/96 Summary here
- New confirmed/probable total deaths: 42/9 Summary here
Cumulative totals (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- Confirmed and probable cases: 332,990/32,388
- Confirmed and probable deaths: 5,402/509
- Tests performed for South Carolinians: 4,119,470
Testing opportunities (scdhec.gov/findatest)
- 17,245 new individual test results reported statewide (not including antibody tests)
- 27.1% percent positive
- Hospital data (daily): scdhec.gov/COVID19hospitals
- Extended care facility data (Tuesdays and Fridays): scdhec.gov/nursinghomedata
- Assisted living visitation status (Tuesdays): scdhec.gov/nursinghomedata
- Private, public and charter schools (Tuesdays and Fridays): scdhec.gov/schools
The information above as well as extensive reporting on county-level information, demographics and more is available at scdhec.gov/COVID19. The website is updated between 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. weekends. Visit scdhec.gov/COVID19vaccine for the latest vaccine information.