NOTE: Cola Daily will no longer be providing daily COVID update articles as of June 1. Updates will still be available on SCDHEC's website.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control announced the following COVID-19 updates as of Sunday.
- Total SC residents with at least one vaccine: 1,918,403
- Total SC residents who have completed vaccination: 1,580,246
- Total doses received by SC residents: 3,375,395
To view the vaccination dashboard click here.
Sunday's cases and deaths (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- New confirmed/probable total cases: 159/109 Summary here
- New confirmed/probable total deaths: 5/0 Summary here
- Confirmed and probable cases: 491,648/101,444
- Confirmed and probable deaths: 8,572/1,160
- Tests performed for South Carolinians: 7,878,846
- 10,675 molecular test results reported statewide (not including antibody tests)
- 2.4% percent positive
- Hospital data (daily): scdhec.gov/COVID19hospitals
- Extended care facility data (Tuesdays and Fridays): scdhec.gov/nursinghomedata
- Assisted living visitation status (Tuesdays): scdhec.gov/nursinghomedata
- Private, public and charter schools (Tuesdays and Fridays): scdhec.gov/schools
The information above as well as extensive reporting on county-level information, demographics and more is available at scdhec.gov/COVID19. The website is updated between 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. weekends. Visit scdhec.gov/COVID19vaccine for the latest vaccine information.