Those who are cleaning out their spaces and looking for a new home for unused books, CDs and DVDs can make a donation to the Richland Library Friends.
Throughout August, the library is hosting six donation drop-off dates at the Richland Library Operations Center (130 Lancewood Road). Gently-used items good condition can be dropped off during the following dates:
- Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Aug.18 from 4:30 until 6:30 p.m.
- Aug. 29 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
A complete schedule can be found online.
The Richland Library Friends and Foundation is implementing the following safety protocols when making a donation:
- Bagging or boxing all items in disposable, non-returnable containers
- Assessing the value of donated items for tax purposes (if appropriate) prior to dropping off items
- Calling 803-798-3341 to make volunteers aware of arrival
- Transporting items into the designated drop-off area (hand truck provided)
Donations will help the organization to restock the Richland Library Operations Center, following renovations to the building in 2020, and plans are underway to safely hold future books sales.
Additional ways to support the Richland Library Friends and Foundation are available online.
Further inquiries can be forwarded to Emily Stoll at 803-587-3637 or email@example.com.