The central color in the decor at Dick’s Sporting Goods is green, but Saturday in Columbia orange and purple took over.
The Columbiana Station location hosted the 2018 CFP National Championship Trophy and The Tiger, Clemson’s official mascot, and fans of the Upstate school flocked to the store for a chance for photos.
“It’s not always easy to be a Tiger fan here in Columbia,” said Breanna Garrett as she waited with her family in line for pictures with The Tiger and the trophy. “We had to come out and represent.”
The visit to the capital city was the third stop on the National Championship Trophy tour hosted throughout South Carolina by Dick’s Sporting Goods. The Tiger visited Myrtle Beach and Mt. Pleasant earlier in the week. Store officials said the Columbia crowd was the biggest yet.
Gamecock fans were not forgotten, as some of the store’s employees dressed in their garnet and black best even on the tiger-centric day.
The tour continues next week with stops in Greenville and Anderson. More information is available at dickssportinggoods.com.
- Lane closure scheduled for I-26 beginning at Peak exit
- Bubba's Biscuit opens in Lexington
- 18-year-old Chapin male killed in shooting, no foul play suspected
- Boating Magazine names Lake Murray as one of top 10 places to live and boat
- 14 Columbia restaurants entered in local "pimento cheese election"
- Columbia Philly Pretzel Factory's grand opening is Saturday, giving away free pretzels
- Local residents commit “Random Acts of Kindness”
- UofSC museum opens exhibit featuring local TV legend Joe Pinner
- Leesville-based Crafty Celts making jewelry featured in History Channel's 'Vikings'
- Moped driver dies in collision on North Lake Drive, coroner identifies
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.