The central color in the decor at Dick’s Sporting Goods is green, but Saturday in Columbia orange and purple took over.
The Columbiana Station location hosted the 2018 CFP National Championship Trophy and The Tiger, Clemson’s official mascot, and fans of the Upstate school flocked to the store for a chance for photos.
“It’s not always easy to be a Tiger fan here in Columbia,” said Breanna Garrett as she waited with her family in line for pictures with The Tiger and the trophy. “We had to come out and represent.”
The visit to the capital city was the third stop on the National Championship Trophy tour hosted throughout South Carolina by Dick’s Sporting Goods. The Tiger visited Myrtle Beach and Mt. Pleasant earlier in the week. Store officials said the Columbia crowd was the biggest yet.
Gamecock fans were not forgotten, as some of the store’s employees dressed in their garnet and black best even on the tiger-centric day.
The tour continues next week with stops in Greenville and Anderson. More information is available at dickssportinggoods.com.
- Monday COVID-19 update: 1,095 new cases, 5 additional deaths
- Lexington's Nooch and Lalo permanently closes after one year of business
- Harbison-based sports gear company signs licensing deal with Warner Brothers
- Overstock Bins discount store opening Friday in Lexington
- West Columbia's Sunshine Cafe reopens after six month closure, offering holiday specials
- Lexington's Crumbl Cookies to open next week, holding 'free chocolate chip cookie day'
- Coroner identifies 26-year-old West Columbia man in head-on collision
- Two men arrested, charged in Swansea shooting
- Chicken lovers can flock to new Northeast Columbia restaurant
- Young entrepreneur opens Farmhouse 221 home decor store in Chapin
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.