S.C. Treasurer Curtis Loftis delivered the keynote remarks at the Fourth Annual Advocacy Day for Access and Independence Rally. It was held on the State House grounds, Wednesday morning.
Loftis discussed how the new South Carolina ABLE Savings Program provides individuals with disabilities the opportunity to open tax-advantaged savings accounts and creates a pathway to financial independence.
Advocacy Day for Access & Independence is presented by a consortium of advocates and organizations representing the state’s disability community. The goal of the event is to raise awareness about unnecessary and discriminatory barriers that deny people with disabilities equal access and opportunity.
Tell us what you look forward to the most!
- Coroner identifies husband and wife found fatally shot in Columbia senior living facility
- Four new types of food debut at this year's South Carolina State Fair
- Columbia man sentenced to 28 years for attempted murder in drive-by apartment shooting
- Irmo Alodia's reopening after five month closure
- Elementary school teacher had marijuana edibles in student prize box, sheriff says
- Couple found dead in senior living facility died by murder-suicide, says RCSD
- Columbia police searching for 33-year-old man reported missing by father
- SC State Fairgrounds parking info announced for gameday
- Coroner identifies pedestrian struck on I-26 near Cayce
- Columbia man accused of robbing 'old friend' while visiting over the weekend
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.