The Midlands’ newest Planet Fitness location opened this week at 2110 Clemson Road in The Crossings shopping center in northeast Columbia. The new facility will be open and staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The facility features 23,000 square feet of cardio and strength equipment and free fitness training. Month-to-month rates range from $10 for single location use to $21.99 for any location use. Additional amenities at the higher rates include free guest privileges and access to hydromassage beds and massage chairs.
The new Clemson Road location also includes state-of-the-art hybrid tanning and light therapy, a first in the Carolinas, according to franchise owner Brian Bobenage.
The Clemson Road gym is the seventh Planet Fitness location in the Midlands. Other locations are at Park Center on Two Notch Road, Parkland Plaza in Cayce, Dutch Square Mall, East Pointe Plaza on Garner’s Ferry Road, Lexington and Orangeburg.
Planet Fitness was founded in 1992, in Dover, New Hampshire and has more than 1,800 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Dominican Republic, Panama and Mexico.
- Lexington Medical Center fires employee over social media post
- Columbia barbecue buffet manager builds 24 ft. wall to accommodate dine-in customers
- Aftermath of damage in Columbia's Vista (photo gallery)
- Mungo Homes, trade partners rebuilding Ballentine Pelican's Snoballs for free after fire
- Vandals damage Vista businesses after protest becomes violent
- Verde opens in Columbia offering artisan salads, wraps
- Seven people charged in armed robbery, mob assault in Lexington
- Truck with oversized load hits Koon Road bridge over I-26, bridge now closed
- FishWater Beer Garden opens on Lake Murray
- Man stole pallets of crab legs after tying up, robbing security guard, says LCSD
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.