Blum Coffee, located at 2824 Devine Street, opened its doors Saturday. They specialize in botanical drinks and use herbs grown on-site in their beverages. They also have a very unique menu with interesting and fresh flavors such as lavender and pistachio.
Owner Frances Miller described her vision and what sets her coffee shop apart from others across Columbia. “I felt like Columbia doesn’t have any modern, bright coffee shops and I wanted to create that experience, so the coffee energizes you as much as the space and the people do,” she said. “And then the design element, I feel like a lot of coffee shops are industrial or kind of dark or something and I wanted a brighter space, and to bring the plants as well just to help liven it up.” Indeed, the bright lighting, yellow walls and colorful paper straws are quite noticeable when first entering the space.
“It started with just a love of cooking and starting with herbal flavors in coffee… so I thought it’d be fun to kind of experiment with all the flavors,” said Miller.
The menu definitely displays her interest in experimentation with flavors like orange rose or grapefruit rosemary, and even coffee sodas. Blum uses Counter Culture Coffee, which was founded in Durham, North Carolina. Miller completed her training at Counter Culture’s center in Charleston.
Blum Coffee is open weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., weekends from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and is currently accepting applications.
- FishWater Beer Garden opens on Lake Murray
- Pier 1 in Columbia to hold liquidation sale before permanently closing
- Coroner identifies Columbia motorcyclist in fatal collision
- Veteran-owned Shortcake Bakery & Tea Room coming to Columbia's Vista
- Blythewood to offer free masks, gloves to town residents
- Lexington Marine Corps gathers at gravesite to honor Medal of Honor recipient
- Riverbanks Zoo & Garden reopens with restrictions
- Columbia mayor discusses city's decisions amid COVID-19 at GCWC chamber breakfast
- Leesville man arrested after leading Lexington deputies on a pursuit
- Lexington District One honors spring senior athletes
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.