Annual sidewalk sale continues Sunday in Five Points
The weather forecast for Sunday in Columbia predicts sunshine and temperatures in the mid-90s, but local small businesses in Five Points are offering plenty of good reasons to get out in the sun.
The neighborhood’s annual sidewalk sale started Friday, continued Saturday with lots of shoppers coming out, and concludes Sunday.
Whether you’re looking for clothes, shoes, decorations for homes, offices or dorm rooms, furniture, or just a really good meal, you can find it Sunday for less than you’d usually pay.
“There’s so much to choose from,” said Martha Hendrix on Saturday, stopping to chat while carrying several bags from an in-progress trip through the sidewalk sale. “And I’d always rather buy local if I can.”
Sunday’s final day of the sidewalk sale brings an extra bonus: free parking at metered spaces, since the meters are enforced only on Monday-Saturday.
The following list of sales and specials was supplied by Five Points. More information is available at fivepointscolumbia.com.
• 2G’s Clothing: Storewide sale! Save up to an additional 50% off already discounted prices! (Cowgirl boots and purses excluded from sale)
• The Favored Life Kombucha Bar: All tap drinks are $3.50, buy three 16 oz. bottles for $15, and a local artist in store all three days!
• Gentleman’s Closet: BOGO Half Price items & a large selection of shirts for only $5!
• Gibson’s: 20% off of all coastal items & 25% off of all patriotic items
• Good For The Sole Shoes: Three days of specials storewide, local artisan shows each day, complimentary soft drinks, and a drawing to win one of three gift cards!
• Loose Lucy’s Columbia: 20% off select clothing and bags, 10% off t-shirts and tapestries, and an additional 10% off clearance items!
• The Movement Studio: Sign up for a free hands on demonstration of the GYROTONIC® method exercise during select times with the opportunity for a discounted introductory package!
• Office Depot: 20% off one item with coupon (found in-store) & tons of school supplies sales throughout the store!
• Papa Jazz Record Shoppe: 20% off of everything on July 20th!
• Re-Invintage: Save 20% on select furniture
• Revente: 15% off all regular priced items – (starting the 18th for International Resale Day and going on all weekend!)
• Sid and Nancy: 15% off all regular priced items – (starting the 18th for International Resale Day and going on all weekend!)
• Vestique Columbia: 20% off dresses and jumpsuits and additional 40% off sale items
• Yesterdays Restaurant & Tavern: Free iced tea or cola with any entree when presenting a Five Points retail receipt