Government shutdown has minimal impact on Fort Jackson
The federal government shutdown will not affect Fort Jackson’s ability to keep its soldiers, civilian and family members safe, or the installation secure. Fire and emergency services and security operations will continue uninterrupted and the gates will remain open.
There are several things soldiers and employees should know as we continue to analyze how this will affect us the installation:
– All active duty personnel will report to work as usual.
– All civilians should report to duty as they normally would. At that time they will be informed if the furlough affects them.
– Child and Youth Services operations WILL CONTINUE.
– Fort Jackson DODEA (elementary) schools are on normal schedule.
– Dining facilities will remain open.
– Gyms will remain open.
– Healthcare services remain unchanged and open to DoD eligible beneficiaries.
– All leave is cancelled for civilian employees.
– Almost all government travel will be delayed, cancelled or cut short.
– As of right now, the commissary will remain open until close of business Wednesday at which time it will close. They WILL also be opened on Monday which is a change from normal operating hours.
– The PX, gas stations, Shopettes (convenience stores), movie theater and outdoor recreation services will stay open.
The Fort Jackson staff will continue to provide updates as the full effects of the shutdown are realized. As always, the chain of command or supervisory chain remains the best source for information and guidance.