Lexington County recycle item collection at Springdale Baptist Church, Saturday
Lexington County residents will have the opportunity to recycle electronics and shred paper documents on Saturday, January 20, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Springdale Baptist Church, located at 357 Wattling Rd, West Columbia, SC 29170.
The following electronics will be accepted:
• Computers (laptops, monitors, CPU’s, keyboards)
• Printers, Copiers, scanners
• VCR and DVD Players
• Fax Machines
• Cell Phones, Telephone Systems
• Household electronics including stereo’s, Radio’s, PDA’s and Electronic Game Systems
• Residents will be limited to eight (8) electronic items per household.
• Electronic waste must have been generated from a residence within Lexington County for this event. Commercial waste will not be accepted.
• Refrigeration units will not be accepted.
• Electronic Waste (computers/monitors, printers/copiers, TVs, cell phones) must be recycled and may not be placed in the garbage in accordance with the SC Code of Law, 48-60-05 et seq. Residents should keep electronics intact for the purpose of recycling.
• Electronics are always accepted at the Lexington County Edmund Landfill, located at 498 Landfill Lane, Lexington, SC 29073.
Paper Shredding will be performed on site. Residents will be limited to five (5) boxes or bags per household.
For more information and future recycling dates, please visit the Lexington County Solid Waste Management website at www.lex-co.sc.gov/