Palmetto Health announces plans for Blythewood Urgent Care closure
Some residents in the Blythewood area will have to seek medical care at a new place starting Friday.
Palmetto Health announced that Blythewood Urgent Care is closing effective Friday. Dr. Michael Lawhead, emergency medicine physician at Blythewood Urgent Care, is relocating to Parkridge Urgent Care at 100 Palmetto Health Parkway, where he will serve as medical director.
Palmetto Health officials said Blythewood Urgent Care patients were notified and given information about other primary care physicians in Northeast Columbia.
Palmetto Health providers in the area include the following:
- Atrium Ridge Internal Medicine, 11 Atrium Ridge Court
- First Care, 2406 Decker Blvd. (Walk-in medical care, no appointment needed)
- Midlands Internal Medicine, 115 Blarney Drive, Suite 108
- Northeast Family Practice, 115 Blarney Drive, #209
- University Family Medicine, 4311 Hard Scrabble Road