South Carolina Chamber offering Affordable Care Act seminar for employers
Midlands employers are invited to learn more about the Affordable Care Act at an upcoming seminar.
The South Carolina Chamber of Commerce will host a one-day educational event Tuesday to answer questions regarding how the ACA will affect businesses. Discussions will begin at 8:30 a.m. and run through 4:30 p.m. at the Embassy Suites Columbia-Greystone at 200 Stoneridge Drive.
Seminar topics and speakers are as follows:
- “The ACA – How Did We Get Here?” with William Wright of Fisher & Phillips LLP
- “Legislative and Case Law Update” with Mike Brittingham of Nexsen Pruet
- “A Glimpse into the Changing Health Insurance Market” with Kendall Buchanan of S.C. Department of Insurance
- “The Healthcare Marketplace: Open for Business” with Godlee Davis of DECO Recovery Management
- “How the ACA Will Impact South Carolina Employers” with Ray Farmer, director of S.C. Department of Insurance
- “Employer Mandate: What Do I Do Now?” with Daniel Sulton of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- “The Changing Face of Health Care Delivery and Options for the Business Marketplace” with Robby Kerr of Kerr & Company
- “Enforcements Issues” with Mike Brittingham of Nexsen Pruet
Please visit the www.scchamber.net events page to register.