Man who died of smoke inhalation during house fire, is identified

CFD photo

Richland County Coroner Gary Watts has released the name of the individual who died in connection to a house fire Thursday morning sometime prior to 5 a.m.  The incident was located at 2751 Patricia Drive, Columbia.

Ricky Lee Hayes, 58, of Patricia Drive, Columbia was transported from the scene of the fire by Richland County EMS to Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital where he died at 6:05 a.m.  An autopsy indicated the cause of death to be due to smoke inhalation due to a house fire.

The Columbia Fire Department is investigating the incident.

Comments

Comments